Thank you to everyone who came to our stall at the School Fayre on Saturday, entered our free competitions and gave us their views, particularly on the open spaces in the area.
Congratulations to the winners of the Map Treasure Hunt. They are Thomas Drake (in the 8 and under category) and Corey Gair (in the 9-16 category). A £10 book token goes to each of them. The treasure was hidden in the grounds of the St Edward’s Brotherhood Monastery.
Jane Pettinger won the first prize of a £20 M&S voucher in the Brookwood and Bridley History Quiz. The second prize of a £10 voucher goes to Brian Watson. Congratulations to them. The answers to the quiz are:
1) Brookwood Primary School first opened in 1906.
2) The Main Memorial Hall was built in 1961
3) Brookwood Cemetery opened in 1854
4) Fulks’ Butchers opened in Brookwood in 1927
5) St Saviours’ Church was completed in 1909
6) The old Brookwood Hotel became Chartered Accountants’ offices in 2010
7) Worplesdon Golf Club was constructed in 1908
8) The Basingstoke Canal was completed in 1794
9) Brookwood Club first opened in 1909
10) The chapel which is now the St Edward’s Brotherhood’s Church was built in 1910
11) The baker’s shop first opened in 1979
12) Brookwood Railway Station was built in 1864